Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 62

Thread: It's official...basketball ref's in this area = SUCK

  1. #51
    Inactive Member UK5's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2004
    Posts
    205
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's official...basketball ref's in this area = SUCK

    It's hilarious to watch!!!

    i noticed in the thomas walker/jenkins game......thomas walker was needing to foul to send jenkins to the free throw line.....as soon as the ball left jenkins players hand to inbounds the ball the whistle would blow and the player hadn't been fouled......that was another thing that made me shake my hand....sure they are anticipating the foul but let something happen before you blow the whistle and call it

  2. #52
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's official...basketball ref's in this area = SUCK

    If football was officiated as poorly as basketball in the LPD there would be riots at games. Not enough people really care about basketball to make a difference, sad but true imo. The last 4 games a SWVA team played in I thought were a joke. JJK/Wolfe Co PV/GC PV/Council and GC/PCCA. Overall out of all those games I'd give a D to the officials with the best officated game PV/GC. In that game, PV/GC a GC threw the ball away it hits the official in the head rolls into the back court and GC was allowed to pick it up. I seen JJK's coach recieve a Technical Foul for telling a ref that was the third bad call in a row he'd made 2 minutes into the game. I saw refs miss one in one tonight when there were 7 team fouls. I saw them miss an obvious walk where a player jumped up in the air to shoot, decide not to come back down and dribble to the basket. Nobody ever touched the ball from GC in this case. I think I've seen everything in the world this year, most technical fouls on coaches I've ever seen, wonder why?
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  3. #53
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's official...basketball ref's in this area = SUCK

    I havent been to the Arbys in a couple of years, but I have always thought SWVA had the upper hand in bball officiating as compared to what was shown at the Arbys or when we play a NET team at their place.

    Last year against SN, RC's girls coach tried calling a timeout after RC stole the ball and took it down the court. The official wouldn't allow it, and said he couldn't call a timeout just anytime he wanted. RC then threw the ball away and the official came back down and asked the coach if he still wanted that timeout.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #54
    Inactive Member imported_Rocket Scientist's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2007
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's official...basketball ref's in this area = SUCK

    Well, I think maybe its time that the fans, parents and supporters band together and start a movement to make a change.

  5. #55
    Inactive Member imported_six4three's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    571
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's official...basketball ref's in this area = SUCK

    Don't try to 'out people'


  6. #56
    Inactive Member imported_Rocket Scientist's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2007
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's official...basketball ref's in this area = SUCK

    Nope.............

  7. #57
    Inactive Member LPD_007's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    195
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's official...basketball ref's in this area = SUCK

    caught red handed HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

  8. #58
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's official...basketball ref's in this area = SUCK

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I I think I've seen everything in the world this year, most technical fouls on coaches I've ever seen, wonder why? </div></div>

    I would suspect the NFHS has adopted the same stricter enforcement of the coaches box and such as they have in college this year. That may be why you are seeing more of it. I'm not sure though.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  9. #59
    Inactive Member imported_Rocket Scientist's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2007
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's official...basketball ref's in this area = SUCK

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Albert E</div><div class="ubbcode-body">actually spuds.... I wised up and got out of the AOA last year. I no longer answer to the altizer/aoa stooges. </div></div>

    Archer still refs........... What makes you think its Archer?????

  10. #60
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's official...basketball ref's in this area = SUCK

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If football was officiated as poorly as basketball in the LPD there would be riots at games. Not enough people really care about basketball to make a difference, sad but true imo. The last 4 games a SWVA team played in I thought were a joke. JJK/Wolfe Co PV/GC PV/Council and GC/PCCA. Overall out of all those games I'd give a D to the officials with the best officated game PV/GC. In that game, PV/GC a GC threw the ball away it hits the official in the head rolls into the back court and GC was allowed to pick it up. I seen JJK's coach recieve a Technical Foul for telling a ref that was the third bad call in a row he'd made 2 minutes into the game. I saw refs miss one in one tonight when there were 7 team fouls. I saw them miss an obvious walk where a player jumped up in the air to shoot, decide not to come back down and dribble to the basket. Nobody ever touched the ball from GC in this case. I think I've seen everything in the world this year, most technical fouls on coaches I've ever seen, wonder why? </div></div>

    I see more "no-calls" at football games than I do at basketball, and they have twice as many eyes watching the players. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •